Look Look Keo 2 Max Road Bike Pedals, Black
RIDE AT YOUR BEST
- THE NEW KEO 2 MAX IS THE PRODUCT THAT WILL GIVE YOU THE CONFIDENCE YOU NEED TO GO BEYOND YOUR PERSONAL LIMITS.
- The LOOK design team has completely remodeled the shape of the KEO 2 MAX, giving it a new, slimmed down line yet a wider contact surface, increasing its style and efficiency.
- USAGE: Recreational to Competition
- BODY: Composite
- AXLE: Chromoly +
- PEDAL STACK HEIGHT + CLEATS : 17,3 mm
- CONTACT SURFACE AREA: 500 mm²
- FLOAT: 8 or 12 adjustable spring
- CLEATS: Kéo Grip Cleats
- PEDAL WEIGHT: 130 gr (328 gr per pair with cleats and screws)
- ACCESSORIES: A pair of Grey Kéo Grip cleats + screws
- GUARANTY: 2 years
Optimized Contact Surface
The pedal’s surface area has substantial symbolic importance. It is part of the brand’s identity and acts as an indelible signature on the product.
The contact surface of the new KEO 2 MAX preserves the strong lines on which its history was built. Its width has been increased to 60 mm to provide a larger platform and improved foot stability during pedaling. This creates a feeling of unrivaled comfort not found in any other pedal.
We also sought to optimize power transfer thanks to its new 500 mm² of usable surface (+25% increase). The shape of the stainless-steel plate has been revised to match that of the cleat and to keep, regardless of the position of your foot (depending upon the angular float you use), the same amount of contact for consistent performance.
Increasing the pedal’s usable contact surface, without any additional weight gain, improves the Power to Weight ratio, making the product even better and allowing you to perform at your best.
Improved Spindle Profile
The spindle profile of the new KEO 2 MAX has also been optimized. Built around an oversized «Chromoly Plus» steel axle, it is composed of an axle with an inner ball bearing and a needle roller bearing, located under the contact surface, to handle the load and distribute it optimally.
A new component has been added between these two bearings. A serrated washer, previously used to hold the needle roller bearing in place, has been replaced with a conical spacer. This technical solution reduces friction, increases fluidity, and by consequence, decreases the geometrical tolerances of the pedal body and play.
The sole purpose of the sum of these improvements has been to guarantee you irreproachable reliability.