If you're looking at adding more realism to your Zwift sessions this is the way to go. Setting everything is very straightforward and the various options are easily configured via the Rizer app on your phone. It works best with Elite trainers but If your trainer supports ANT+ FE-C this will work with it.
I've tested it on long climbs (Alpe du Zwift, Epic KOM) and more varied tracks in Makuri Islands and London. Also tested it with BKool and it just works out of the box. The reaction time is very good and it allows you to exercise your muscles when climbing in a way that is much closer to how you would ride in real life.
It does not require explicit support from your software of choice as it gets all the data from your smart turbo trainer, so it will work with anything.
Steering is also supported and works fine in Zwift and other platforms if that's something you want to use.
The only downside it's that it is an expensive add-on, but the unit is extremely well built and you get what you pay for.
Elite Elite Rizer gradient simulator with steering
Elite Rizer gradient simulator with steering
- Add a whole new level of immersion to your training with the Elite Rizer; a premium combined gradient simulator and steering frame
- Smoothly replicates climbs with up to a 20% incline and descents with up to a 10% decline whilst also allowing accurate and responsive in-game steering and a freer, more natural ride feel
- Communicates wirelessly with your trainer via both Bluetooth and ANT+, additional controls can be accessed using the optional Rizer phone app
- Wide base with independently adjustable feet for maximum stability during hard efforts
- Sturdy, high quality aluminium and steel construction for years of heavy use
- Designed to work with Elite Direto-XR, Direto XR-T, Suito, Suito-T and Tuo trainers, not compatible with other Elite models
- Compatible with 100 x 12mm, 100 x 15mm and 110 x 15mm thru-axle forks as well as quick release, adapters included
- Weight limit, 120 KG