Bicycle Mechanic €13-€15 per hour + commission (OTE €34,500 per year)
This job is all about caring for bikes so their owners love riding them. You’ll troubleshoot repairs and service all kinds of bikes. Most importantly, you’ll build relationships with people who trust you to keep their gear running flawlessly.
The Bicycle Mechanic position is the forefront technical and mechanical support for the shop. This role is charged with excellent customer service, scheduling and performing bicycle repairs in a busy full-service shop, and supporting with the sales function as required.
The Bicycle Mechanic position is responsible for writing up repair tickets, making repairs, testing repairs, and communicating with the bicycle owner. The Bicycle Mechanic will support the sales function and shop operations as necessary. The Bicycle Mechanic delivers a professional positive lasting experience to all customers, including persons not making a purchase or requesting service - regardless of their riding skill, or mechanical knowledge. This role is critical to the customer experience, shop operations and teamwork.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform bicycle repair, maintenance, and walk-in services on customer’s bicycles as needed.
- Oversee mechanic services in the shop.
- Support shop manager
- Welcome customers by greeting them; offering them assistance and ascertain what each customer is shopping for.
- Direct customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items and services.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise or services based on customer needs and desires.
- Help customer make selections by building customer confidence. Describe merchandise and explain use, or demonstrate operation and care of merchandise to customers.
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies, activities, sales and promotions.
- Keep clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Report any concerns or discrepancies to the Manager.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payments.
- Understand company return and exchange policies. Explain policies to customers and accept returns as needed.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock through the Manager.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related store tasks as needed or directed by Manager.
Skills And Education/Experience
- 3 years Bicycle Mechanic experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of bicycle mechanics and technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing business environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Have a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Should be of clean appearance and articulate.