We are currently recruiting for a Bicycle Mechanic to join our team in Dublin.
This job is all about caring for bikes so their owners love riding them. You’ll troubleshoot repairs and service all kinds of bikes. Most importantly, you’ll build relationships with people who trust you to keep their gear running flawlessly.
Skills And Education/Experience
- 2 years Bicycle Mechanic experience.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of bicycle mechanics and technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing business environment.
- Have a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Should be of clean appearance and articulate.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform bicycle repair, maintenance, and walk-in services on customer’s bicycles as needed.
- Oversee mechanic services in the shop.
- Support shop manager
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise or services based on customer needs and desires.
- Help customer make selections by building customer confidence. Describe merchandise and explain use, or demonstrate operation and care of merchandise to customers.
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies, activities, sales and promotions.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Report any concerns or discrepancies to the Manager.
- Prepare sales slips or sales contracts, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payments.
- Understand company return and exchange policies. Explain policies to customers and accept returns as needed.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock through the Manager.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related store tasks as needed or directed by Manager.
€12-€15 per hour + commission (OTE €34,000 per year)
Flexible holidays, free training courses, staff discounts